2045 General Plan
Newsflash! The City’s recently adopted 2045 General Plan is multiple award winner! The City’s new General Plan was recently awarded the Planning Document – Merit award from the Association of Environmental Professionals and the Award of Excellence for the 2022 American Planning Association, California Chapter (APACA) Central Coast Planning Award Program!
The City’s General Plan Update will guide the City’s economic and physical development through 2045. The General Plan is a long-term blueprint proposing policy goals to guide Port Hueneme’s development. The General Plan update will include an update of the Port Hueneme Local Coastal Plan (LCP) and a Climate Action Plan (CAP). This update will ensure that the City remains livable, economically resilient, and sustainable in the long-term.
To join the mailing list or submit comments, please send an email to: GP2045@cityofporthueneme.org
The final General Plan document, including the Housing Element as adopted by HCD, is available here, the final environmental impact report (FEIR) prepared for the project is located here and the FEIR appendices are located here.
NEW: The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) has approved the City's Housing Element! The final version of the Housing Element can be found here, and the Technical Background Report for the Housing Element can be found here.
- April 22, 2021 EIR Scoping Meeting Recording
- Port Hueneme 2045 General Plan August 25, 2021 Community Workshop Video
- Port Hueneme 2045 General Plan March 30, 2021 Community Workshop Video
- Port Hueneme 2045 General Plan November 19, 2020 Community Workshop Video
- Community Workshop 1 Summary
- Community Workshop 2 Summary
- Community Workshop 3 Summary
- Technical Background Reports
- Questionnaire Results (PDF)
Tony StewartCommunity Development Director/City Planner
250 N Ventura Road
Port Hueneme, CA 93041
Phone: : 805-986-6500Fax: : 805-986-6675
Monday through Thursday
and alternate Fridays
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed every other Friday - see calendar for dates.