Law Enforcement Exploring is the preeminent career orientation and experience program for young people contemplating a career in the field of criminal justice. Its mission is to offer young adults, ages 14 to 20, interested in a career in law enforcement a personal awareness if the criminal justice system through training, practical experiences, and other activities.
Law Enforcement Exploring is a well-established and highly respected program that has served as a platform from which countless young adults have launched a successful career with local, county, and federal law enforcement agencies
As a member of Explorer Post Number 9988, Explorers will participate in community service activities and train in multiple areas, including but not limited to:
- Arrest and Control
- Building Searches
- Drug Awareness
- Evidence Collection and Processing
- Firearms Training
- Ride-Along Program
- Traffic Collision Investigations
- Traffic Stops
- Attend a 3 week police explorer academy (summer)
- Attend regular meetings (2nd Wednesday and 4th Saturday of each month)
- Parental approval (under 18)
- Participate in community events
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass an oral interview
- Remain in good academic standing (2.0 or greater)
- 14 to 20 years old
For more information regarding our Police Explorer Program contact Officer Henry Montelongo at 805-986-6530 or email Henry Montelongo. You can also email Evidence Supervisor Frank Montelongo. Download brochure (PDF).
You can download an application (PDF). Please turn in all applications to the Port Hueneme Police Department. Summer Police Explorer Academy is tentatively set for the end of June to the beginning of July.